Massage Therapy, What Is It And How Can It Help Me?
People have massage therapy for relaxation or for a variety of health conditions including:
- Back pain
- Inflammatory conditions such as arthritis and tendonitis
- Stress relief and stress-related conditions
- Headaches including migraines
- Muscle and related conditions such as spasms and strains
- Repetitive strain injury, such as carpal tunnel syndrome
- Circulatory and respiratory problems
- Post-injury and post surgical rehabilitation
Massage therapy relieves stress. It is thought to help the body’s stress response by lowering levels of hormones such as cortisol. Massage therapy also appears to enhance immune function.
A typical massage therapy session is between 30 and 60 minutes. Your initial massage (60 minutes) will begin with a brief consultation and review of symptoms, medical history, and lifestyle. There are different techniques and approaches which may be utilized according to the preference of the patient and the condition being addressed. Advice for home care is included to ensure the greatest degree and longevity of relief.
Registered Massage Therapists:
Michelle Sloboda, RMT
Dormon Chiropractic & Massage Services
Oshawa, Whitby, Ajax, Courtice, Port Perry, Bowmanville, Brooklin
and all areas surrounding the Durham Region and Clarington